NGSA CONSULT LTD
The NGSA Consult, a subsidiary of the Nigerian Geological Survey Agency, is a corporate body established for the provision of consultancy services on solid mineral resources development, and in other geoscientific domains. The consult has over 200 highly trained professionals. The Agency has an accumulation of over 50 years of geological experience.
The Consult is well positioned and equipped to provide the underlisted services through its technical departments:
Regional Geology Department
- General geological planning
- Geological mapping on all scales
- Sedimentological, stratigraphic and Basin analysis
- Paleontological, palynological studies
- Geospatial services, especially, Remote Sensing and Photo Interpretation services
- Structural Analysis
- Production maps based on above analyses
Economic Geology Department
- Mineral exploration
- Evaluation of mineral deposits
- Stream and soil sampling surveys
Applied and Engineering Department
Geophysical studies using Gravity, Magnetic, Radiometric, Resistivity, Seismic, Electromagnetic methods.
- Applications in mineral exploration Water resources studies, Environmental hazard monitoring
- Regional geophysical surveys
- Ground water surveys/ aquifer evaluation
- Engineering geophysics in dam sites, roads and foundation studies
- Foundation studies, Waste management, Pollution control.
- Slope stability., Erosion/Flood control
- Drilling and Technical Services Unit
- Exploration Drilling – Coring
- Water well drilling
- Geophysical studies using Gravity, Magnetic, Radiometric, Resistivity, Seismic, Electromagnetic methods.